December 3, 2019 by FJR
Amazing image quality, just not a perfect fit on my Panasonic bodies.
First off, I shoot with the Panasonic GH5, GH5s and GH4 bodies and have always purchased Panasonic lenses only. However, due to the specs and high ratings on this Olympus lens, I thought it would fit perfectly for my needs. The pros - it is a spectacularly sharp and capable lens. I won't go into the details about the lens because there's plenty of that to read online. But it handles well and my images and videos are tack sharp. I love the focal range and the constant f/4 aperature. Not great for low light, but I bought it only for daylight and decently-lit situations. The cons - well, I'm on my second copy after sending the first one back for a replacement. The first one didn't quite fit my Panasonic bodies perfectly. There was a little play in the rotation of the lens after attaching it (about a mm), so when I'd zoom to each end of the focal lengths and then back, I could feel the slight movement in the rotation. I REALLY hated that. Sadly, my second copy does the SAME thing! Olympus and Panasonic techs were no help with this, so I just kept the second copy. Secondly, the zooming and focusing is the opposite of my Panasonic lenses, so I find myself constantly zooming and focusing in the wrong direction each time. I guess it's going to take some getting used to between my brain and muscle memory. I understand that nothing's perfect, but at least on this lens the image quality sings! It's definitely a keeper.
Read More
November 19, 2019 by Jim
I shouldn't have waited so long to get a Pro lens
I've had 11 other other lenses. My 12-100 Pro makes an even dozen purchased. I should have purchased this lens sooner but I was trying to find a good lens for less money. The old saying "You get what you pay for" applies to lenses as well. I can now cull down my lens inventory as this lens is remarkable and will be the lens I'll be using 90% of the time. I'll fill in the other 10% with prime lenses for special uses. This 12-100 Pro lens will serve me well for travel and will let me reduce the size of my vacation kit, most likely to this single lens. So glad I took the plunge to a Pro quality lens.
Read More
November 4, 2019 by Doug
The Must-have lens in your kit
Optically this lens is excellent. The layout of controls is first rate as is the quality of materials. Along with the very useful zoom range, this is a must-have lens. But when you add in the image stabilization and the way it works with OM-D cameras, it become brilliant. If I could have only 1 Olympus lens... this is it.
August 8, 2019 by David
Travel!
I owned the 12-40 and 40-150 mm PRO lenses, so hesitated to add to the collection, but was persuaded by its obvious popularity. Its first trip, to the Norfolk Botanical Garden's holiday light show and the Outer Banks, led to going along within months to Paris and Tokyo (cherry blossoms), where it proved talented at interiors, HDR, and panoramas. Long hand-held exposures were productive. I had gotten accustomed to high image quality from Olympus zoom lenses, starting with a remarkable 35-100 mm lens from the four-thirds system. The 12-100 lens appeared comparable to my other lenses and definitely added a bit more image stabilization to my O-MD E-M1II. So carrying only one lens, I felt unburdened, especially in Tokyo and Kyoto, where cherry blossoms attracted huge lenses. The compactness paid off once again on a several-day garden tour in the Philadelphia area, where more, or larger equipment would not have fit on a crowded bus, and a tripod forbidden.
Read More
July 22, 2019 by Paul
Excellent Lens
I was skeptical about the image quality of a zoom lens with this range. My fears were groundless. The sharpness and contrast are exceptional. We are going on a five week trip to Japan and I am going to use this as my walk around lens. The 12-40 is going to my wife. This is a superbly designed and crafted lens.
View Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. ...
  5. 7