October 23, 2010
I would have probably decide to buy E-P1, as I like it's retro design more, and as it has a better quality. My only concern was that it doesn't have a flash. So, when the new model E-PL1 appeared in March, it was the end of my long searches.
- very portable;
- the built-in flash;
- in-body image stabilization;
- good high ISO performance;
- the dedicated button for video and the amazing quality of the video;
- you need at least a bit of light to be able to autofocus. You can not autofocus in darkness;
- the flash is low powered, so you can't count on it when the subject is too far;
- Low resolution screen that's hard to see in bright light; you may consider the optional electronic viewfinder;
October 11, 2010
I knew that Olympus puts lots of work into new ideas, so I knew getting this would be a good decision. Video quality is what amazes me, it's so good for the price. The photos are also great. The special filters make it awesome to shoot everywhere.