The HLD-6 is an optional dust and splashproof battery holder and grip created especially for use with the Olympus E-M5. The device can be separated into two parts -- one tailored to shooting in landscape orientation and one that's ideal for portraits.
Review Summary for the Power Battery Holder HLD-6 for E-M5
Own This Product? Write a Review & Get Rewarded!
Tell us what you think. It helps us provide you with better products,
plus you’ll earn 100 OLYMPUS REWARDS points! (limit 4 reviews per month)
Customer Reviews of the Power Battery Holder HLD-6 for E-M5
October 09, 2014
Dial failed after two years.
The dial on the landscape component of this device failed after just over two years of use. It now does nothing, though the shutter button still works. Very disappointing, and a hefty ($95) cost to fix it.
June 20, 2013
The LOCK Switch Has Purpose, Despite Zero Instruction
I bought this combo holder and the leather slip-through Grip Strap (GS4) a year ago because this camera NEEDS it. I have endured repeated random fires, autofocus issues and of course hundreds of resultant stray, out-of-focus frames.
I consulted Product Support repeatedly, including returning the camera twice for inspection of body and kit lens.
Finally, about a month ago, out of extreme frustration, while on a 10-day photo workshop in the Mojave Desert, etc. I phoned again and demanded to speak to a Support Supervisor who finally told me because I do not use a neck strap, in favor of the hand grip, that the GS 4 was contacting and partially activating the vertical shutter release button.
Solution: Use the LOCK switch on the holder to disengage the vertical/portrait release button. NOWHERE is this cautionary note mentioned in the instructions.
I recall thinking upon assembly that this leather grip is far sloppier than my E-1 and E-3 grip straps….now I know it is. As one who uses vertical frames a lot, I now have an annoying extra step of UNlocking the grip before firing, but the random frames have stopped.
Write Your Own Review of the Power Battery Holder HLD-6 for E-M5
Before submitting your review, please note the following:
- It may take up to 2-3 business days for your review to appear.
- Reviews should focus on your experience using the product, its features and functionality.
- We encourage you to contact Technical Support prior to posting your review if you have any questions regarding functionality.
- Submissions containing comments about pricing, the purchasing experience, technical support or Customer Care will not be posted. Please contact us directly so we may address such comments.
- Applicable Olympus Rewards points will appear in your account once your review is posted.