*Can not be used with the E-P1, E-P2 or E-PL1. These models do not have an Accessory Port 2.
Do not use OLYMPUS PENPAL outside the country or area of purchase. Depending on the country or area you are in, the usage may infringe wave regulations and you may be subject to penalty.
Note: Supports most Bluetooth devices with file transfer capability such as Andriod or Windows Smartphones.
PENPAL Smartphone Compatibility and Pairing Instructions: Click here.
- Related Products
iGoDigital block 1. This is where the content from iGo will go.
Tell Us How Much You Love The PENPAL (PP-1)
Write Your Own Review
Before submitting your review, please note the following:
- It may take up to 2-3 business days for your review to appear.
- Reviews should focus on your experience using the product, its features and functionality.
- We encourage you to contact Technical Support prior to posting your review if you have any questions regarding functionality.
- Submissions containing comments about pricing, the purchasing experience, technical support, customer support, or repair will not be posted. Please contact us directly so we may address such comments.
- Applicable Olympus Rewards points will appear in your account once your review is posted.
A little clunky compared to more seamless systems (like on Android phones), but it works
I bought this for my E-PL6 recently and it works quite well. What it offers is an ability to upload pictures to a Bluetooth device that allows file transfers. My Android phone works well with the PP-1. There are some caveats to this device, one of which should be fixable via a firmware update. 1) You can only transfer files individually. It would be convenient to transfer them in bulk, or even automatically, like my Android phone does with my Google+ account. But at present (2014) it does not allow this. 2) The included documentation does not tell you how to set up the device. Those instructions should be in your original camera documentation. My E-PL6 documentation has these details. 3) The menus for the PP-1 are a little non-intuitive. The "Please Wait" menu item is to *receive* images from a paired device. You send from the camera to your paired device on individual picture pages, once you press "OK" the item should appear. Strangely, the PP-1 has its own memory so you can send from the camera to your paired device, OR you could send from the camera to the PP-1 (still stored locally, but not on your SD card).Read More