Macro Arm Light (MAL-1)
The Macro Arm Light is your portable lighting system, letting you add precise accents to your close-up photography. Snapped into your camera's Accessory Port, the Macro Arm Light has two 17cm-long, flexible LED lights that you can adjust independently of each other to shed light where you need it. Works with all PEN, OM-D and XZ models with an accessory port.
The perfect accessory for internet sellers or anyone who wants to take excellent pictures of small indoor objects. Pair it with the MCON-P01 Macro Converter or the M.Zuiko Digital 60mm f2.8 Macro Lens to turn your PEN into a completely portable macro studio!
- Shed light where you want it with two flexible 17cm LED lamps
- No battery required - powered by the PEN Accessory Port
- Perfect for internet auction pictures
- Improves the macro performance of your PEN
- Related Products
iGoDigital block 1. This is where the content from iGo will go.
Tell Us How Much You Love The Macro Arm Light (MAL-1)
Write Your Own Review
Before submitting your review, please note the following:
- It may take up to 2-3 business days for your review to appear.
- Reviews should focus on your experience using the product, its features and functionality.
- We encourage you to contact Technical Support prior to posting your review if you have any questions regarding functionality.
- Submissions containing comments about pricing, the purchasing experience, technical support, customer support, or repair will not be posted. Please contact us directly so we may address such comments.
- Applicable Olympus Rewards points will appear in your account once your review is posted.
Bendable, great for getting light into tight places to eliminate shadows on models. Easy to attach to accessary port. Allows me to take some macro shots I could not otherwise get. Not something I use everyday but when I need it, nothing else would work for this application. an inexpensive accessary even if you only use it occasionally. I sue it on PEN PM1, PM2, PL7, because I can get in close with them.Read More
Great accessory for Macro and product shots shots
Great lighting accessory for both macro and creative close shots. The independently controlled lights allow for a lot of versatility. You can illuminate both sides of a subject or just one. Or you can increase the power to one light and lower it on the other from some creative lighting. Another bonus is that they are powered by the camera, not a battery so one less thing to worry about or forget! My only suggestion would be to improve the 'strength' of the arm flexibility. If the lights are stretched out straight they have a tendency to droop. If they are curved, they don't droop as much or at all. Still, it's a very minor issue. Great accessory for those into macro photography or product shots.Read More
Great for close shots!
I have occasionally had trouble getting good close-up pictures of items I wanted to sell online. In particular, small details would not show very well because of insufficient light at close range. So, when I bought my new PEN E-PL2, I bought the MAL-1 light to complement the camera. The MAL-1 works great! It is powered by the accessory port, so no extra batteries are required; and the flexible arms make it incredibly easy to aim the light where you need it most. It is a big help when you need to show detail on a dark-colored object.Read More