Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why can I not access my account even though my password is correct?
- Why am I getting city state zip error when address is correct?
- I live in Canada, why won't my order go through?
- Can I use my reward points coupon and additional coupon?
- Why is the discount code not reflected in order?
- Where can I find questions regarding the Rewards point program?
- Can I cancel my order?
- I just placed my order, can I add another item?
- Why does the online status not show cancelled or the coupon I that asked to have applied?
- How do I go about returning an item? When will I get refund for returned product? (expected turnaround time)
- Why am I being charged tax? (for tax exempt and non tax exempt customers)
- How to place a Tax Exempt order?
- Can you tell me if my order has shipped because online status only says "completed"?
- Where is item shipping from? How long will it take for ground shipping to be delivered to ship to me?
- If I Order for next day (or two day) when will it ship out or why was it not shipped out in time?
- Am I charged extra fees through customs when shipping to Canada?
- Who pays for the shipping back?
- How do I track a purchase that I never received?
- Can I change the shipping address after placing the order?
- Why doesn't the system send a notification when the item is on back order?
- Why is the charge for Pre-Order on the credit card?
- How do I order something that says “out of stock”?
- I received my order but no invoice was provided in the box?
- Where can I find accessories for my older Olympus camera?
- Do you sell Binocular accessories?
- I need an accessory for my camera but don’t know what it’s called?
- Do you sell reconditioned products?
- Why can’t I find the part I am looking for?
1. Why can I not access my account even though my password is correct?
Whenever a password is changed or updated the system should save the new password quickly so that you are able to access your account. If you are unable to access the account please click “Forgot Your Password” at the login. If this still does not work, please contact us at 800-201-7766 (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm ET).
2. Why am I getting city state zip error when address is correct?
The address verification system being used sometimes does not recognize all addresses. We are looking into this issue so this does not happen further. If you are getting this error, please call us at 800-201-7766 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm ET) and we can make sure the order is processed for you in a timely manner.
3. I live in Canada, why won't my order go through?
You will need to go to the Canadian website to make your purchase. Please use this link: Click here
4. Can I use my reward points coupon and additional coupon?
You can only use one coupon per order. You would need to decide what coupon offers greatest value to you at the time. If you placed the Rewards point coupon in the coupon field then added another coupon, please follow this FAQ to be able to use the Reward Coupon again for that order or a future order.
5. Why is the discount code not reflected in order?
You need to register at our store and create an account for yourself. Once your account has been created, you can input the coupon at the checkout page. If you already have an account with our store and it’s still not working, it’s possible the coupon has expired. Before you finish checking out, if you go to My Cart then My Shopping cart, you will see a space where you can add the Coupon Code. Apply the code in this space, if it does not apply to your order it may be either expired or spelled incorrectly. If you still need assistance with the coupon, you can place the order as is and call us with the coupon code and we may be able to apply it after the order is placed.
6. Where can I find questions regarding the Rewards point program?
Please click here to view questions regarding this program.
7. Can I cancel my order?
Please contact us directly at 800-201-7766 (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm ET) in order for us to determine if this is still possible. You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org during the same hours, but phone call is preferred. Unfortunately, if the order has already started processing in our warehouse it is not likely we can cancel it. Note, assume the order will ship until you have confirmed via phone or received email reply back to your email. We are also closed most major holidays and weekends, therefore please note we will respond next available business day.
8. I just placed my order, can I add another item?
No, unfortunately please place another order for the other item. If it is part of a build-your-bundle offer, then please contact us at 800-201-7766 (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm ET) so we may verify you would still be able to receive the bundle discount.
9. Why does the online status not show cancelled or the coupon I that asked to have applied?
Once your order is changed after an order is placed on the web, these changes will not update the order displayed in your account. Anytime you request a cancellation or coupon code applied after placing an order, we will verbally confirm on the phone or email if possible. If a coupon is applied after an order was placed, we can email you an updated invoice if required.
10. How do I go about returning an item? When will I get refund for returned product? (expected turnaround time)
Returns to the Olympus Store are easy. The Olympus Store will accept returns within 30 days after the date of delivery.
You may return new items in unused condition and in the original packaging. Reconditioned items may be returned with the packaging that shipped with the item. Opened computer software and movies cannot be returned.
Original and return shipping and handling fees are not refundable.
To submit your product for return, please download and complete the Olympus Return Form. If you have any questions about exchanges or returns, please contact us at 800-201-7766.
Once something is received back into our warehouse for a credit, please allow an additional 25-30 business days (from the date it is received) before you will see the credit back to your card.
We cannot offer exchanges due to changes in item availability. Please return your item and place a new order.
11. Why am I being charged tax? (for tax exempt and non tax exempt customers)
Prices quoted on the website do not include taxes. Tax will be determined at checkout based on the shipping address. For all orders placed in the United States, we must charge sales tax in all states where sales tax is applicable.
If you are Tax Exempt, the Olympus Store accepts tax exempt orders submitted from all organizations with a valid Tax Exempt certificate. View details. Click here
13. Can you tell me if my order has shipped because online status only says "completed"?
When the order says "Completed" it means the order was accepted by our system and does not indicate order has shipped. You will automatically get an email if an item on the order has shipped out. If you have not received that, than the order most likely has not shipped. Please contact us directly at 800-201-7766 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm ET) and we can look into the issue further for you. Also see FAQ: Why did I only receive one or some of my items?
14. Where is item shipping from? How long will it take for ground shipping to be delivered to ship to me?
All new items ship from our warehouse in Swedesboro, New Jersey. Refurbished and part items ship from Fort Worth, Texas. Ground shipping normally takes 5-7 business days depending on your location. Note, refurbished items do require 1-2 additional business days to process.
15. If I Order for next day (or two day) when will it ship out or why was it not shipped out in time?
All orders regardless of ship method chosen require additional time from when they are placed to process.
- Allow 1 business day for new products. Allow 2 business days for recondtioned product.
- Please understand we do our best to shorten the processing time so orders placed by 2pm ET Mon-Fri may ship same day, but is not guaranteed.
- Items will ship as they become available to the order. Therefore, you may receive multiple shipments.
If your order was placed after 2:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, the order will not go through until the next business day.
Always check the product description to make sure items are not delayed for any reason. All orders ship via Fed Ex within the US and Purolator within Canada. Orders placed on Friday by 2pm ET that do ship that day with Next Day delivery will be delivered on Monday. Our warehouse does not ship on weekends and major holidays. For extremely time sensitive orders, we suggest you call us at 1-800-201-7766 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm ET).
21. Why is the charge for Pre-Order on the credit card?
Anytime an order is placed and "attempt" is made on the credit card to verify that the money is there. This hold stays there until the item ships. Once the item ships, then the card is charged. The card is only charge once the item ships from our warehouse. If an order is cancelled, the hold drops off within a few days, depending on your financial institution.
22. How do I order something that says “out of stock”?
Unfortunately, an item has to say “in stock” or “back-ordered” to place an order. Note, an order will always state completed on the order status page under your account. Please see FAQ: Can you tell me if my order has shipped because online status only says “completed"
23. I received my order but no invoice was provided in the box?
If you need an invoice for your order you can go to My Account>Account Dashboard and find the order you require a copy of the invoice. Click on View Order>Print Order. In some cases, if we made changes to your order after it was placed online, we need to generate an invoice for you as those changes are not updated to the website. In these cases, email us at email@example.com and tell us your order number you would like an invoice.
24. Where can I find accessories for my older Olympus camera?
Select your camera from the dropdown list found here . If your camera is not listed, we no longer have accessories available for that model.
25. Do you sell Binocular accessories?
Unfortunately, we do not sell any accessories for Binoculars. However, if something has come detached or needs repair please see the following link: Click here
26. I need an accessory for my camera but don’t know what it’s called?
If you have the model of your camera, you can find your accessory but just picking your camera model from the following list click here. All of the accessories listed there will work with your camera.