Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why am I being charged tax? (for tax exempt and non tax exempt customers)
- If I Order for next day ( or two day) when will it ship out or why was it not shipped out in time?
- Am I charged extra fees through customs when shipping to Canada?
- Where is item shipping from? How long will it take for ground shipping to be delivered to ship to me?
- Why is the discount code not reflected in order?
- Why am I getting city state zip error when address is correct?
- I received my order but no invoice was provided in the box?
- I just placed my order, can I add another item?
- Can I cancel my order?
- How do I go about returning an item? When will I get refund or exchange for returned product? (expected turn around time)
- Can you tell me if my order has shipped because online status only says "completed"?
- Why doesn't the system send a notification when the item is on back order?
- Why can I not access my account even though my password is correct?
- Why is the charge for Pre-Order on the credit card?
- Who pays for the shipping back?
- How do I order something that says “out of stock”?
- How do I track a purchase that I never received?
- How to place a Tax Exempt order?
- Where can I find accessories for my older Olympus camera?
- Do you sell Binocular accessories?
- I need an accessory for my camera but don’t know what it’s called?
- I live in Canada, why won't my order go through?
- Do you sell reconditioned products?
- Why can’t I find the part I am looking for?
1. Why am I being charged tax? (for tax exempt and non tax exempt customers)
Prices quoted on the website do not include taxes. Tax will be determined at checkout based on the shipping address. For all orders placed in the United States, we must charge sales tax in all states where sales tax is applicable.
If you are Tax Exempt, the Olympus Store accepts tax exempt orders submitted from all organizations with a valid Tax Exempt certificate. View details. Click here
2. If I Order for next day (or two day) when will it ship out or why was it not shipped out in time?
If your order was placed after 2:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, the order will not go through until the next business day.
All expedited orders are shipped the same day (if placed before 2pm EST). Always check the product description to make sure items are not delayed for any reason.
Ground delivery will ship via UPS, FedEx, or USPS mail. Orders requiring Next Day and 2 Day delivery must be placed by 2pm ET Monday to Friday.
Orders placed on Friday by 2pm ET for Next Day delivery will be delivered on Monday. Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday for Next Day delivery will ship out Monday for Tuesday delivery. For extremely time sensitive orders, we suggest you call us at 1-800-201-7766 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm ET).
4. Where is item shipping from? How long will it take for ground shipping to be delivered to ship to me?
All items ship from our warehouse in Long Island, New York. Ground shipping normally takes 5-7 business days depending on your location. If you are closer to the New York area, it may take less than that time.
5. Why is the discount code not reflected in order?
You need to register at our store and create an account for yourself. Once your account has been created, you can input the coupon at the checkout page. If you already have an account with our store and it’s still not working, it’s possible the coupon has expired. Before you finish checking out, if you go to My Cart then My Shopping cart, you will see a space where you can add the Coupon Code. Apply the code in this space, if it does not apply to your order it may be either expired or spelled incorrectly. If you still need assistance with the coupon, you can place the order as is and call us with the coupon code and we will be able to apply it after the order is placed.
6. Why am I getting city state zip error when address is correct?
The address verification system being used sometimes does not recognize all addresses. We are looking into this issue so this does not happen further. If you are getting this error, please call us at 800-201-7766 and we can make sure the order is processed for you in a timely manner.
10. How do I go about returning an item? When will I get refund or exchange for returned product? (expected turn around time)
Returns to the Olympus Store are easy. The Olympus Store will accept exchanges or returns within 30 days after the date of delivery.
You may return new items in unused condition and in the original packaging. Reconditioned items may be returned with the packaging that shipped with the item. Opened computer software and movies cannot be returned.
Original and return shipping and handling fees are not refundable.
To submit your product for return, please download and complete the Olympus Return Form..If you have any questions about exchanges or returns, please contact us at 800-201-7766.
Once something is received back into our warehouse for a credit, please allow an additional 10-15 business days (from the date it is received) before you will see the credit back to your card.
11. Can you tell me if my order has shipped because online status only says "completed"?
When the order says "Completed" it means the order was accepted by our system. You will automatically get an email if the order has shipped out so if you have not received that, then the order most likely has not shipped. Please contact us directly at 800-201-7766 and we can look into the issue further for you.
13. Why can I not access my account even though my password is correct?
Whenever a password is changed or updated the system should save the new password quickly so that you are able to access your account. If you are unable to access the account please contact us and we can reset your password for you so that you can access your account immediately.
14. Why is the charge for Pre-Order on the credit card?
Anytime an order is placed and "attempt" is made on the credit card to verify that the money is there. This hold stays there until the item ships. Once the item ships, then the card is charged. The card is only charge once the item ships from our warehouse. If an order is cancelled, the hold drops off within a few days, depending on your financial institution.
20. Do you sell Binocular accessories?
-Unfortunately, we do not sell any accessories for Binoculars. However, if something has come detached or needs repair please see the following link: Click here
21. I need an accessory for my camera but don’t know what it’s called?
-If you have the model of your camera, you can find your accessory but just picking your camera model from the following list click here. All of the accessories listed there will work with your camera.
22. I live in Canada, why won't my order go through?
-You will need to go to the Canadian website to make your purchase. Please use this link: Click here