The ECG‑1 is a larger grip, that can easily be screwed on the E‑M10 and enables a better grip. When working with lenses in the tele area with the ECG‑1 it is much easier to avoid blurred images due to camera shake. Also users with a larger hand size will enjoy better handling and a more solid hold. Due to a fast release mechanism fast access to the battery and SD card compartment is ensured.
Review Summary for the Detachable Camera Grip for E-M10 (ECG-1)
Own This Product? Write a Review & Get Rewarded!
Tell us what you think. It helps us provide you with better products,
plus you’ll earn 100 OLYMPUS REWARDS points! (limit 4 reviews per month)
Customer Reviews of the Detachable Camera Grip for E-M10 (ECG-1)
February 03, 2015
Improves handling with quick removal
This grip greatly improves the handling and comfort of holding an E-M10. It is light weight but solidly built and fits perfectly. What is not described well anywhere is that the grip screws into the base of the E-M10 but has a quick release switch, which allows the handle section and the bottom plate of the handle to be detached without unscrewing. This clever design allows nearly instant access to the battery / memory card door when you need it and you clip the handle back into position right after.
There is also a tripod mount built into this grip (I didn't see this noted anywhere in the description), which means you can mount the camera onto a tripod while the grip is attached.
I would have bought this sooner had I known about the tripod mount and the release to detach without unscrewing so you could reach the battery and card compartment. A very handy and I'd say essential accessory for people who have larger hands or who want more to hold onto without adding weight or bulk.
September 17, 2014
Worth every penny !
A real 'thumb saver' for those of us with large hands. The quick release feature makes removing the memory card and battery a snap. Highly recommended.
Write Your Own Review of the Detachable Camera Grip for E-M10 (ECG-1)
Before submitting your review, please note the following:
- It may take up to 2-3 business days for your review to appear.
- Reviews should focus on your experience using the product, its features and functionality.
- We encourage you to contact Technical Support prior to posting your review if you have any questions regarding functionality.
- Submissions containing comments about pricing, the purchasing experience, technical support or Customer Care will not be posted. Please contact us directly so we may address such comments.
- Applicable Olympus Rewards points will appear in your account once your review is posted.