Lens Hood LH-66 (Black) for use with the m.Zuiko 12-40mm Lens
Review Summary for the Lens Hood LH-66 (Black) for m.Zuiko 12-40mm Lens
Own This Product? Write a Review & Get Rewarded!
Tell us what you think. It helps us provide you with better products,
plus you’ll earn 100 OLYMPUS REWARDS points! (limit 4 reviews per month)
Customer Reviews of the Lens Hood LH-66 (Black) for m.Zuiko 12-40mm Lens
April 11, 2015
Add me to the list of those who find it unacceptable that a $45 hood for a $1,000 lens falls off spontaneously.
One of the reasons I sold my E-M5 Mk. I and went for a year with another mirrorless (APS-C) was the eyecup falling off the E-M5. I was swayed back to Olympus because the technical rep told me that problem had been fixed (along with the squinty and fatiguing viewfinder of the original). But now I have something else that falls off an expensive camera supposedly suited to professional use.
Look, Olympus: I demand reliability from my equipment, and "bits fall off" doesn't meet that criterion. Maybe I'm overly sensitive, having spent most of my adult life in both professional and recreational activities where reliable equipment literally means the difference between life and death. You cram a lot of innovative tech into your cameras, but everything after Aperture, Shutter, and ISO is gravy to me. I like m4/3, and I love your glass. Let's make it all reliable, shall we?
February 14, 2015
I've found this hood to be excellent. The build quality is great - with small buttons used to release the lock and a beautiful machined aluminium ring at the base of the hood. I've paid a lot more than this for Canon hoods in the past that haven't been as nicely made.
I have had no issues with the hood falling off unexpectedly.
August 04, 2014
It works fine when it's on but it falls off way too easily. If there were an alternative I'd use it. On my second one I intend to use a lens cap holder. There are descriptions on the Internet of beefing up the spring.
Write Your Own Review of the Lens Hood LH-66 (Black) for m.Zuiko 12-40mm Lens
Before submitting your review, please note the following:
- It may take up to 2-3 business days for your review to appear.
- Reviews should focus on your experience using the product, its features and functionality.
- We encourage you to contact Technical Support prior to posting your review if you have any questions regarding functionality.
- Submissions containing comments about pricing, the purchasing experience, technical support or Customer Care will not be posted. Please contact us directly so we may address such comments.
- Applicable Olympus Rewards points will appear in your account once your review is posted.