- *Guide Number 50 at ISO 200; Guide Number 36 at ISO 100 (when built-in wide panel is not in use)
- *Guide Number 17 at ISO 200; Guide Number 12 at ISO 100 (when using built-in wide panel)
- *8 mm equivalent coverage (35 mm equivalent focal length = 16 mm) with built-in wide panel
- *Firing angle: Approx. 30 degrees
- *6 modes: TTL-AUTO, AUTO, Manual, FP TTL-Auto, FP Manual, RC
- *4 AA (R6) alkaline or NiMH batteries
- *2.4 in. (W) x 4.1 (H) x 1.1 (D)
- *9.0 oz. (255 g)
Review Summary for the FL-600R Flash
Own This Product? Write a Review & Get Rewarded!
Tell us what you think. It helps us provide you with better products,
plus you’ll earn 100 OLYMPUS REWARDS points! (limit 4 reviews per month)
Customer Reviews of the FL-600R Flash
February 01, 2015
I do not recommend (Presenting problems - I just have used 3 times- Less than 2 hours of use in 1,5 years)
Not Reliable. Noise originating from the flash's zoom mechanism. I get both the Auto Check and Test/Charge lamps flashing and I can't get any flash firing. You will find several complaints in a simple search over internet.
Note from Olympus:
Please contact our support at 1-888-553-4448 (M-F 9am to 9pm).
June 01, 2012
The Match Made In Heaven
The OM-E-M5 and this flash make for a truly professional capable combo. They work in perfect harmony together providing flawless flash exposures. This model flash has the best flash recovery speeds between shots and is bright enough for every occasion and venue. It's diminutive size belies it's capabilities. Complete control via the controls on the back along with it's powerful output and you have the BEST combo for your OMD body. It will in NO way hold you back. Because it also provides the handy bright LED video light within the body you'll get superior video results as well. I shot a video with the subjects over 15 feet away and it looks amazingly natural, not as if they had a light glaring on them. Nice compatibility with common AA batteries allows for your NiMh battery use increasing not only usage life but also lessens the times between flashes. 180 degree rotation on the flash head just adds to it's versatility. This is a MUST have for a OMD owner.
Write Your Own Review of the FL-600R Flash
Before submitting your review, please note the following:
- It may take up to 2-3 business days for your review to appear.
- Reviews should focus on your experience using the product, its features and functionality.
- We encourage you to contact Technical Support prior to posting your review if you have any questions regarding functionality.
- Submissions containing comments about pricing, the purchasing experience, technical support or Customer Care will not be posted. Please contact us directly so we may address such comments.
- Applicable Olympus Rewards points will appear in your account once your review is posted.