The VF-2 Live Finder, for the E-P2 or E-PL1, easily slides into the camera's accessory port and hot shoe when needed - for example, when shooting in direct sunlight. It also tilts up to 90°, a real benefit when composing shots at low angles for dramatic or practical purposes. The LCD is 2x brighter and has 3x more contrast than competing models. Its high magnification and built-in diopter adjustment offer easy viewing with and without eyeglasses. You can also adjust the brightness and color temperature of the view finder using the E-P2's EVF ADJUST menu function. Brightness can be modified + or - seven steps. The VF-2 refreshes quickly to minimize image ghosting on fast-moving subjects. Low Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS) technology enables high-speed transfer of high-resolution images. Aspherical lenses ensure high resolution from center to edge. Note: The VF-2 cannot be used at the same time as an external flash or microphone adapter. When the VF-2 is connected to the E-P2, do not carry the camera by holding the VF-2. Specifications:
- Resolution: Approx. 1,440,000 dots
- 1.15" (W) x 1.9" (H) x 1.82" (D) (29.21 mm x 48.26 mm x 46.23 mm)
- Approx. 1.2 oz (32 g) without cover
- 100% field of view
- Approx. 1.15x magnification (-1m-1, 50 mm Macro, at infinity)
- Eye-point: Approx. 18 mm (-1m-1
- Diopter adjustment (-3.0 to +m-1)
- Frame rate: 60 fps
- EVF brightness and color temperature adjustment via camera menu (EVF ADJUST) Item # 260057
Review Summary for the Electronic Viewfinder VF-2 (Black)
Own This Product? Write a Review & Get Rewarded!
Tell us what you think. It helps us provide you with better products,
plus you’ll earn up to 100 OLYMPUS REWARDS points per month! (4 reviews x 25 points)
Customer Reviews of the Electronic Viewfinder VF-2 (Black)
March 01, 2013
Great viewfinder with a major design flaw!
I purchased the VF-2 to use on my E-PL2 camera. It is solidly made, has a very bright, clear view and makes use of the camera much easiier, particularly with my 40-150 zoom! Unfortunately, it has one MAJOR, possibly costly design flaw, in my opinion. It DOES NOT lock onto the hot shoe and though it seems to fit snugly, it WILL come off...much easier than you think. I know..it has twice on me in the first two weeks of use. Luckily, I saw it happen and didn't lose it. So my 2-star rating is due to this flaw...it is a 5-star performer...when it stays in place. For $249, it should be lockable and secure.
February 24, 2012
Completes PEN E-P3
Upgraded from a pro-sumer compact to the E-P3. I did not realize how much I relied on my viewfinder. The E-P3 has a great display but it's barely visible in direct sunlight. This viewfinder corrects that problem. It's clear, shows camera settings, has an adjustable diopter, can be raised to a 90 degree angle for low shots and even though it does not lock to the "hot shoe" it fits very snugly with no fear of coming loose. It's a bit pricey but well worth the expense. It transforms the E-P3 into a true DSLR alternative.
Write Your Own Review of the Electronic Viewfinder VF-2 (Black)
Before submitting your review, please note the following:
- It may take up to 2-3 business days for your review to appear.
- Reviews should focus on your experience using the product, its features and functionality.
- We encourage you to contact Technical Support prior to posting your review if you have any questions regarding functionality.
- Submissions containing comments about pricing, the purchasing experience, technical support, customer support, or repair will not be posted. Please contact us directly so we may address such comments.
- Applicable Olympus Rewards points will appear in your account once your review is posted.