The FL-50R is an external flash unit that allows wireless flash settings to be controlled from the camera body. Wireless flash transmission channel settings enable selection of flash/no flash for groups of multiple flash units. In addition it allows TTL auto, auto, and manual modes to be set; offers a bounce and swivel head; and flash coverage is automatically adjusted in several steps to correspond to the image area when zooming. The FL-50 provides GN28 at a 12mm focal length (equivalent to 24mm on a 35mm camera; ISO 100) and GN50 at 42mm focal length (equivalent to 85mm on a 35mm camera; ISO 100).
Review Summary for the FL-50R Flash
Own This Product? Write a Review & Get Rewarded!
Tell us what you think. It helps us provide you with better products,
plus you’ll earn 100 OLYMPUS REWARDS points! (limit 4 reviews per month)
Customer Reviews of the FL-50R Flash
November 15, 2011
Super high-tech flash
This is an OUTSTANDING flash. I thought my T-32's on their Power Bounce Grip 2's could never be beaten, but the FL-50R proved me wrong. This flash gives off an amazing amount of light, can be angled in virtually any direction - sideways, up, or down, has superfast recycle times, and automatically adjusts to yours zooms setting. This is an expensive flash, but it is worth every cent. You can not go wrong with this flash. Mounted on the optional FLBK01 it is even more amazing.
Write Your Own Review of the FL-50R Flash
Before submitting your review, please note the following:
- It may take up to 2-3 business days for your review to appear.
- Reviews should focus on your experience using the product, its features and functionality.
- We encourage you to contact Technical Support prior to posting your review if you have any questions regarding functionality.
- Submissions containing comments about pricing, the purchasing experience, technical support or Customer Care will not be posted. Please contact us directly so we may address such comments.
- Applicable Olympus Rewards points will appear in your account once your review is posted.