The Olympus FL-300R is an easy-to-operate versatile external flash for your PEN or OM-D Camera. With an equivalent GN (Guide Number) of 28 at ISO 200, you can accomplish flash shooting with stable light and optimum brightness. It functions as a bounce flash and wireless remote flash with enough power for most any typical shooting situation. Photographers can use it in tandem with the camera's built-in, pop-up flash, or as an alternative to it. Additionally, it has the ability to function wirelessly through a remote control function on the E-P3, E-PL3 and E-PM1.
- Guide Number 28 at ISO 200 (when built-in wide panel is not in use), Guide Number 16 at ISO 200 (when built-in wide panel is in use)
- 9mm equivalent coverage (35mm equivalent focal length = 18mm) with built-in wide panel
- Bounce capability: Down 30 degree, Up: 60 degree
- 3 modes: TTL-AUTO, AUTO, Manual, RC
- AAA(R03) 2 alkaline batteries or AAA(R03)2 NiMH batteries
- 97g (3.4oz)[excluding batteries]
- Includes flash stand and soft case
Review Summary for the FL-300R Flash
Own This Product? Write a Review & Get Rewarded!
Tell us what you think. It helps us provide you with better products,
plus you’ll earn 100 OLYMPUS REWARDS points! (limit 4 reviews per month)
Customer Reviews of the FL-300R Flash
June 17, 2013
You just can't rely on it.
This is a cheaply-made flash. The battery-door cover, fell off of mine and I have had to use duct tape to close it. I got it for free during an Olympus promotion last year.
While it is better than the flash that ships with the camera, it is not something you can rely on to perform when you need it. When I travel and shoot photos all day, I have to carry 3 extra sets of batteries for the flash, to make sure the flash will not go dead.
Worse still, is that it takes a long time for the flash to recycle. I miss a lot of shots while I am waiting for the flash to refresh itself.There is some hope: I just ordered the FL - 600F Wireless Electronic Flash for my OM-D. I am hoping it will do a better job.
April 22, 2012
Compact and packs a punch
The Olympus FL-300R flash effectively meets my requirements and exceeds my expectations. It provides all the application angles (full, fill, bounce, close macro) and power capabilities (from light shadow fill to illuminating a room) that one would expect of a standard external flash unit mountable on a hot shoe, but at the size and design weight to not overload or unbalance a compact system camera like the slim XZ-1. It additionally can operate mounted as TTL-Auto, or work by wireless remote to supplement the pop-up flash of the Olympus XZ-1 and certain Olympus PEN and other cameras. Photographs taken with this flash have far exceeded my expectations for quality from such a small unit. I bought this flash for its size and compatibility with my camera, and am fully satisfied by what it brings to the total package.
Write Your Own Review of the FL-300R Flash
Before submitting your review, please note the following:
- It may take up to 2-3 business days for your review to appear.
- Reviews should focus on your experience using the product, its features and functionality.
- We encourage you to contact Technical Support prior to posting your review if you have any questions regarding functionality.
- Submissions containing comments about pricing, the purchasing experience, technical support or Customer Care will not be posted. Please contact us directly so we may address such comments.
- Applicable Olympus Rewards points will appear in your account once your review is posted.