For impressive sound quality the SEMA-1 (includes adapter and microphone) is the perfect adapter set. This set contains the EMA-1 adapter and ME51S Stereo Microphone to provide high sound recording. The EMA-1 attaches to a PEN digital camera, OM-D Series, or XZ Series with an Accessory Port and mounts on the camera's hot shoe. The ME51S Stereo Microphone then attaches to the EMA-1. Also includes a 3.3 foot extension cable with clip to extend the microphone further from the camera body. Additional image shows the EMA-1 with ME51S mounted on E-P2 body (not included).
- Reduces wind noise
- Improves movie sound quality
- Record high quality sound
- EMA-1 adapter
- Stereo Microphone (ME51S)
Review Summary for the External Microphone Adapter Set (SEMA-1)
Own This Product? Write a Review & Get Rewarded!
Tell us what you think. It helps us provide you with better products,
plus you’ll earn 100 OLYMPUS REWARDS points! (limit 4 reviews per month)
Customer Reviews of the External Microphone Adapter Set (SEMA-1)
April 23, 2015
Good mic but requires a windjammer for outdoor use
I am using this on a XZ-2. The mic is sensitive and quite good for indoor use. For outdoors a Windjammer is a necessity, which I couldn't find on the site, to cut down on wind noise; otherwise it will drown out every other sound. Mounting the mic on the camera will allow it pick up every noise in the body including Auto Focus and even finger movement. Don't discard the extension cord that is the key to better audio.
May 04, 2013
This is a must have for video, I have an old EPL1 PEN and the AF is a bit noisy, but with the extension cord attached you can place this mic well out of the way of the lens and get stereo sound for a better presentation.
Write Your Own Review of the External Microphone Adapter Set (SEMA-1)
Before submitting your review, please note the following:
- It may take up to 2-3 business days for your review to appear.
- Reviews should focus on your experience using the product, its features and functionality.
- We encourage you to contact Technical Support prior to posting your review if you have any questions regarding functionality.
- Submissions containing comments about pricing, the purchasing experience, technical support or Customer Care will not be posted. Please contact us directly so we may address such comments.
- Applicable Olympus Rewards points will appear in your account once your review is posted.