This special eye cup, which is made of flexible rubber, shields your eyes not only during landscape and portrait shooting. It is specially designed for the VF-2 and with this eye cup you will have a clear view on all displayed information, even in difficult lighting situations.
- Detachable eye cup for the VF-2
- Provides a clear view, even in difficult lighting situations
Item # 260544-410
Review Summary for the Eyecup EP-9 for VF-2 Electronic Viewfinder
Own This Product? Write a Review & Get Rewarded!
Tell us what you think. It helps us provide you with better products,
plus you’ll earn 100 OLYMPUS REWARDS points! (limit 4 reviews per month)
Customer Reviews of the Eyecup EP-9 for VF-2 Electronic Viewfinder
April 12, 2013
Works great once it's installed
I should dock this rating by 1/2 star, but can't. The 1/2 star comes off because the eyecup is difficult to install and requires a lot of strength from elderly hands. To install it, you take off the original rubber ring that comes with the VF-2 and try to stretch the DP-9 to fit over the rotating eyepiece. The DP-9 has a mark to line up the mark on the VF-2 (for zero optical compensation), but who knows how well it's still lined up after struggling with the installation.
Once it's installed, it's great. I tested it outside at 8:30 in the morning when the sun was still low in the sky and directly at my back. You can exclude all sunlight by pressing the cup directly against your eye for superb visualization of the subject. I also tested it when sunlight is coming in from the side (which is worse than when coming in directly from the back) and it still excludes all sunlight. This is a must addition to the VF-2.
Write Your Own Review of the Eyecup EP-9 for VF-2 Electronic Viewfinder
Before submitting your review, please note the following:
- It may take up to 2-3 business days for your review to appear.
- Reviews should focus on your experience using the product, its features and functionality.
- We encourage you to contact Technical Support prior to posting your review if you have any questions regarding functionality.
- Submissions containing comments about pricing, the purchasing experience, technical support, customer support, or repair will not be posted. Please contact us directly so we may address such comments.
- Applicable Olympus Rewards points will appear in your account once your review is posted.