With the world's first* retractable mechanism design, this standard 3X zoom lens is extremely compact with an overall length of just 43.5mm. Covering wide-angle to a moderate telephoto suitable to portrait shooting, this lens is suitable for a wide range of applications, including day-to-day shooting and traveling. With a digital-dedicated design as well as multi-coating on all lens surfaces, this Micro Four Thirds lens boasts very high imaging performance.
* Among interchangeable lens type digital cameras.
Compatible with Micro Four Thirds digital cameras.
Review Summary for the M.Zuiko ED 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 II
Own This Product? Write a Review & Get Rewarded!
Tell us what you think. It helps us provide you with better products,
plus you’ll earn 100 OLYMPUS REWARDS points! (limit 4 reviews per month)
Customer Reviews of the M.Zuiko ED 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 II
May 28, 2011
Good kit lens
Though it wouldn't stack up against the top shelf lenses, I have no complaints about its performance. I see little distortion or CA.
They say that you get what you pay for, but sometimes that is not a negative. It's a good lens at a fair price.
99.9% of those viewing your images could care less what lens was used. The other .1% can't get a date.
February 07, 2011
Average Everything makes this lens slightly below!
The way Olympus has built this lens I'd say they tried to include a little bit of everything in the most compact and lightweight design possible. At about 3.25 inches long and with a .25 meter min. focus, this lens sits nicely in-between a shorter pancake lens and an extending telephoto while shooting decent shots throughout the range.
I however was not satisfied when taking Sports shots further away or Macro up-close, the lens can't compensate as both! This makes the lens good for basic shooting and everyday use, but is not a substitute for the actual wide-angle or telephoto! Strictly for amateurs. SO glad Olympus made a 2nd gen. of this lens, can't wait to try it out!
February 03, 2011
This lens is a shocker
I got this with my E-P2 kit. I had no idea wy I totally did not use it for around 5 months but when I finally put it on I did not take it off.
It has really great focusing but it took me a while to figure out as I am new to photography. It doesn't make a lot of noise like the other lens I have. I like it. Plus it;s great to carry around on the camera.
Write Your Own Review of the M.Zuiko ED 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 II
Before submitting your review, please note the following:
- It may take up to 2-3 business days for your review to appear.
- Reviews should focus on your experience using the product, its features and functionality.
- We encourage you to contact Technical Support prior to posting your review if you have any questions regarding functionality.
- Submissions containing comments about pricing, the purchasing experience, technical support, customer support, or repair will not be posted. Please contact us directly so we may address such comments.
- Applicable Olympus Rewards points will appear in your account once your review is posted.