Automatic Opening 37mm Lens Cap for M.Zuiko 14-42mm EZ Lens (LC-37C) (Silver)
This is the 37mm Automatic Open Lens Cap LC-37C (Silver) for the 14-42mm EZ Micro Four Thirds Lens.
- Related Products
iGoDigital block 1. This is where the content from iGo will go.
Tell Us How Much You Love The Automatic Opening 37mm Lens Cap for M.Zuiko 14-42mm EZ Lens (LC-37C) (Silver)
Write Your Own Review
Before submitting your review, please note the following:
- It may take up to 2-3 business days for your review to appear.
- Reviews should focus on your experience using the product, its features and functionality.
- We encourage you to contact Technical Support prior to posting your review if you have any questions regarding functionality.
- Submissions containing comments about pricing, the purchasing experience, technical support, customer support, or repair will not be posted. Please contact us directly so we may address such comments.
- Applicable Olympus Rewards points will appear in your account once your review is posted.
this really ONLY fits this lens! don't buy for M.Zuiko 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 **II R** lens
So i have the M.Zuiko 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 **II R** lens -- the one that comes "standard" with the E-PL5 kit. I know one day (probably soon!) I'm going to lose the cap to the lens so of course when I saw this auto-close-open cap that stays on the lens I thought hey what a great idea! It said it fit a 37mm lens so since the II R is also a 37mm lens i figured it would fit. Well… it does FIT. It screws on fine. It just… DOESNT OPERATE on the II R! that's because there are two small spring-activated buttons on the underside of the lens cap, and on the M.Zuiko 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 **EZ** lens, the edge of the lens pushes (or retracts) on the buttons which makes the lens cap open and close. On the M.Zuiko 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 **II R** lens there is no such lip so although the cap screws on, it does not function! So… don't buy it for the ** II R ** and believe them when they say it won't work! (I wish they WOULD make one for the II R since that seems to be the "standard" lens…!)Read More
Cool Lens Cap--But Limited
This lens cap has a built in "eyelid" that closes when the lens is retracted and opens when the lens extends. The problem is, you can't attach a filter to it, and you can't attach it to a filter. So, if you're fine with not using any kind of filter whatsoever, this will work well for you. I returned it. The description should have revealed this limitation.