The Olympus FL-300R is an easy-to-operate versatile external flash for your PEN or OM-D Camera. With an equivalent GN (Guide Number) of 28 at ISO 200, you can accomplish flash shooting with stable light and optimum brightness. It functions as a bounce flash and wireless remote flash with enough power for most any typical shooting situation. Photographers can use it in tandem with the camera's built-in, pop-up flash, or as an alternative to it. Additionally, it has the ability to function wirelessly through a remote control function on the E-P3, E-PL3 and E-PM1.
Lightweight yet powerful, this compact flash unit enables versatile and creative lighting options - even in tricky, low-light conditions. There are no annoying cables either, thanks to its remote control (RC) wireless functionality. The design also features a bounce head for indirect flash set-ups and regulated lighting close to distance objects. The FL-300R flash has a guide number of 28 at ISO 200 and can be controlled directly from the camera LCD. As well as being easily portable in any camera bag, its sleek exterior and stylish silver finish also matches perfectly with the classic look of the PEN models. Nevertheless the FL-300R features an integrated wide panel to cover the field up to a Micro Four Thirds lens with a focal length of 9mm.
- Guide Number 28 at ISO 200 (when built-in wide panel is not in use), Guide Number 16 at ISO 200 (when built-in wide panel is in use)
- 9mm equivalent coverage (35mm equivalent focal length = 18mm) with built-in wide panel
- Bounce capability: Down 30 degree, Up: 60 degree
- 3 modes: TTL-AUTO, AUTO, Manual, RC
- AAA(R03) 2 alkaline batteries or AAA(R03)2 NiMH batteries
- 97g (3.4oz)[excluding batteries]
- Includes flash stand and soft case
- Related Products
iGoDigital block 1. This is where the content from iGo will go.
Tell Us How Much You Love The FL-300R Flash
Do you own this product? Please, tell us what you think about it. When you do, you’ll earn 10 Olympus Rewards Points! Reviews help us provide you with better products. Please note that it may take up to 72 hours for your review to appear.
Write Your Own Review
Before submitting your review, please note the following:
- It may take up to 2-3 business days for your review to appear.
- Reviews should focus on your experience using the product, its features and functionality.
- We encourage you to contact Technical Support prior to posting your review if you have any questions regarding functionality.
- Submissions containing comments about pricing, the purchasing experience, technical support, customer support, or repair will not be posted. Please contact us directly so we may address such comments.
- Applicable Olympus Rewards points will appear in your account once your review is posted.
Decent, compact flash, until battery door fell apart
While it lasted, this was a useful flash for me, not terribly powerful but sufficient for many situations and much better than the flash included with the EM-5. I really liked the wireless functionality to add some extra light in any part of the scene easily. Unfortunately, the battery door fell apart and with nothing to latch it closed, it became pretty useless. I've seen others complaining of the same thing, so it doesn't look like this was particular to my unit.Read More
You just can't rely on it.
This is a cheaply-made flash. The battery-door cover, fell off of mine and I have had to use duct tape to close it. I got it for free during an Olympus promotion last year. While it is better than the flash that ships with the camera, it is not something you can rely on to perform when you need it. When I travel and shoot photos all day, I have to carry 3 extra sets of batteries for the flash, to make sure the flash will not go dead. Worse still, is that it takes a long time for the flash to recycle. I miss a lot of shots while I am waiting for the flash to refresh itself.There is some hope: I just ordered the FL - 600F Wireless Electronic Flash for my OM-D. I am hoping it will do a better job.Read More
Compact and packs a punch
The Olympus FL-300R flash effectively meets my requirements and exceeds my expectations. It provides all the application angles (full, fill, bounce, close macro) and power capabilities (from light shadow fill to illuminating a room) that one would expect of a standard external flash unit mountable on a hot shoe, but at the size and design weight to not overload or unbalance a compact system camera like the slim XZ-1. It additionally can operate mounted as TTL-Auto, or work by wireless remote to supplement the pop-up flash of the Olympus XZ-1 and certain Olympus PEN and other cameras. Photographs taken with this flash have far exceeded my expectations for quality from such a small unit. I bought this flash for its size and compatibility with my camera, and am fully satisfied by what it brings to the total package.Read More